Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Andros Island Bonefish Club

Back in early May I received an e-mail from good friend and GREAT customer Dr. Jeff Innes. Seems he was going to be in Florida for a rendezvous with his son in late May and they were looking to do some fishing. Jeff knows to call and knows that we won't steer him wrong.....and we didn't.



After making a half dozen phone calls or so to my list of preferred guides that we work with I was a bit discouraged. All of our contacts were booked solid. Nothing available until mid to late Summer...but I knew I had an ace in the hole.



I called Jeff back and let him know that it was looking like we wouldn't find a guide. At least not one that I knew and recommended. Then I mentioned Andros.



I could HEAR Jeff's eyes light up over the phone. It didn't take more than a few more phone calls and he and his son were set-up for three days of fishing and four nights lodging at the Andros Island Bonefish Club.







Alex Innes, Jeff Innes and Shawn Leadon



Jeff made it very clear that Alex was not an accomplished angler and in fact this would be his 1st trip with fly rod in hand. I assured Jeff that they would have a great time! I called the club and made it very clear as to what we were dealing with and could they please set Jeff and Alex up with a guide that was patient and willing to help. We couldn't have done better than to put him with Shawn Leadon, one of the best bonefish guides on the planet and son of the owner....Rupert Leadon. Shawn did a bang-up job as always!







We'll make a long story short here. This is the note that I received from Jeff on 5/27/10:


"Brian, WOW! Great trip. We caught about 17 bonefish each and this was Alex's first fly fishing trip. Thanks for helping set it up. I'll get the equipment back next week.- Jeffrey T. Innes M.D."

The pics tell the rest of the story!





Dr. Jeff Innes on Andros




Alex Innes- Andros Island Bonefish Club





Jeff Innes with a beauty on Andros


This is what we do. We help people to catch fish.



Of course it makes the job easy when you get to work with folks like Juliet, Rupert, Marion and guides like Shawn. We have been working with these folks for over ten years now and it is truly a pleasure. Rest assured, we'll be back soon.......and so will Jeff and Alex!



Brian Flechsig- May 2010

Mad River Outfitters Bonefish Trips
November 6th- 13th with Brian
February 19th- 26th with Andy
Click Here for details on these and other great Fly Fishing Trips......or just call!!