Hatch Outdoors releases the new Iconic Reel.
Hatch reels have always had an identifiable and classic look. They have been sought out since the company began, but their reels were due for a style upgrade. Hatch kept the window pattern with 6 fins on this new Iconic reel, but made several new updates.
The Iconic Reel features:
- A Machined Reel Seat: Hatch was the first and now one of the only reel manufacturers to make the reel body out of one piece. It is an expensive way to produce the reel but has the advantage of never having a reel seat loosen up due to galvanic corrosion. For the Iconic, they reshaped the reel seat for a more contemporary look.
- Improved Sealing: Through better design and concentricity, Hatch increased sealing by eliminating water entry points through subtracting superfluous components from past models.
- Improved Stability: The Iconic reel does not utilize a cassette to house the drag system like past models - instead, it is now built into the body. This decreased axial runout which creates a more stable and solid design.
- A New Drag Material: The new carbon-filled drag material dissipates heat faster and creates a smoother feel. This is their smoothest drag system to date.
- A New Spool Design: In many ways, the Iconic spool is similar to previous models, but with a few key differences. Hatch ported the spool arbor which will allow lines to dry better on the reel after use.
- A New Spool Nut: Hatch implemented a one piece design in order to prevent pieces from coming apart, which is a huge improvement.
- A New Handle/Counterweight: The new handle design significantly reduces the risk of galvanic corrosion and has a softer look and feel.